Benefits and Why Crossfit is Popular
At The Phoenix Gym
CrossFit is popular for the following reasons:
- Allows you to overcome plateaus and break through boredom
- Prepares your body for any activity allowing you to be flexible and strong
- Burns more fat leading to weight loss
- Acts as a great support system
- Introduces you to healthy eating
As the brainchild of Greg Glassman, CrossFit is a high intensity workout that was started in early 2000s. It is a conditioning and strength workout that allows you to build power by utilizing your own bodyweight. As a high intensity workout, it is based on functional movements which basically are the core movements of life such as walking, running, jogging, rowing and weightlifting. The more intense the effort, the higher the power output.
The Absolute Best
I gave The Phoenix Gym a try and got bit by the bug. This family of instructors and athletes is what I need to stay motivated and improve. 2 years of Crossfit experience and it keeps evolving. I love it!
Posted on 1/16/18
Great overall workout. I've lost inches and pounds from doing this and I feel great!